Civil Action Camp 2023
07.07.-09.07.2023 – Mühle Nikitsch
Three days of relaxation, togetherness, peer learning, creativity and meaningful fun for active citizens, changemakers and activists.
image credit: Klimacamp Wien
Civil Action Camp is a regenerative learning space for activists, active citizens, and other changemakers. We invite you to spend three days together in nature, with a focus on, rest, learning from each other, listening to ourselves, each other, and the world around us, and practicing to collectively meet our needs. We’ll stay at Mühle Niktisch – a co-living project in Burgenland.
On the first day we will land together, get to know the place and each other, and set up agreements for how we want to be together during our shared time.
Beyond this the structure of this shared time will depend a lot on who shows up and what needs are present we can imagine anything from small inputs on collective resilience, to self-organized skillshares, open space to use as you please, and contributing to shaping the space we will be guests in by building a fireplace or weeding the vegetable garden. We see this time as a blank canvas to create on together, based on our interests and needs.
Towards the end we will begin harvesting what we learned, what nourished us during our time together, what we found challenging and how we were able to support each other to show up fully and contribute.
While the main part of the camp will happen between Friday (07.07.) and Sunday (09.07.) you are welcome to stay until Tuesday if you want! The CAN core team will be around till Tuesday and we’d love to spend some more time with you 🙂
Civil Action Camp is rooted in the magic Rs: Regeneration, Reflection, Resilience, Relaxation.
And the magic Cs: Connection, Compassion, Curiosity, Creativity, Courage.
This is for you if
- You are wondering how to reconcile making an impact for a liveable future with your well-being
- You have a hunch that the future will be shaped by small collectives with strong relationships
- You want to spend time with people that are on a similar journey to you, hang out in a warm and friendly environment, learn from them, and share your experience and skills as well
We are socialized to see what is wrong, missing, off, to tear down the ideas of others and uplift our own. To a certain degree, our entire future may depend on learning to listen, listen without assumptions or defenses.
What is easy is sustainable. Birds coast when they can.adrienne maree brown, Emergent Strategy: Shaping Change, Changing Worlds
What you will get
- lived experience of applying them
- access to a network of changemakers with similar values, that are active in different areas of civil society
- a nourishing and grounding experience
- the opportunity to participate in and offer skillshares on topics around regenerative self-organization
- 07.-09.07.23 (with an option to stay until 11.07.)
- Mühle Nikitsch, Burgenland (Austria)
- You can sleep in a shared dormitory or bring a tent
- 20 places available
For more pictures of the indoors, checkout the website of Mühle Nikitsch.
We operate on a name-your-price principle. Below we give you some information on the cost of running this event and make some suggestions for price ranges that you could choose.
- The cost of accommodation and food for 2 nights is 64 €.
- Additionally we’ll have costs of about 400 € for transport of the hosting team, materials and use of the kitchen
- If you’d like to stay longer than Sunday each additional night will generate costs of 32 € for food and accommodation.
- Any money that is left will contribute to paying the hosting team a compensation for their effort and enabling future events like this one.
We propose the following price ranges:
- 100 € if it is a stretch for you to be spending money on this right now
- 150 € if you are financially stable
- 200 € if you are flourishing financially and can afford to contribute a bit more
- …or anything in between according to your possibilities
If you want to stay longer than Sunday, please consider the additional costs that are generated per day when choosing your contribution.
Sounds exciting right?
If you are as excited about this as we are, please fill out this form to register and confirm your spot by paying your financial contribution via bank transfer.